Gajshield – BYOD Support
BYOD is increasingly becoming more popular, not just nationally but also globally. A recent survey has indicated that about 28% of the global workforce used personal devices for official purposes and the mobile workforce worldwide is expected to rise from the current 1.45 billion to 1.87 billion by 2022. With such a remarkably increasing popularity of the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program, it becomes an organization’s responsibility to manage the various multifarious devices that the employees perform their work related tasks through and at the same time protect the data from being compromised. GajShield’s BYOD management gives the enterprises a complete solution by providing them with the ability to set policies and restrictions to keep the data safe and seamless.
GajShield’s BYOD Policy works effectively on its Next Generation firewall series. GajShield’s BYOD feature aims to enhance the UserSense engine in the popular DC and NU Series to inspect, detect and monitor the traffic and control the devices being used by employees. BYOD management can also identify whether the traffic has come from a mobile device or a desktop device. This information greatly helps the enterprises to set up different BYOD policies limiting the access to internet or mobile applications as per their requirements.
It often happens that employees are allowed to bring in devices which are not controlled by the enterprise. Many of these devices have varied Operating Systems like Android, iOS, Windows, etc. and the chances of malicious apps been downloaded on these devices is very high. These devices can compromise the enterprise network with unaccounted traffic. In order to overcome this issue, GajShield’s Object Oriented Policy Security Management has been introduced.
Using the Object Oriented Policy security management, enterprises can take various steps to step up the security of their system.
- Enterprises would be able to block access to critical servers in DMZ to BYOD devices, they would be able to setup DLP policies that would help them to monitor and block all uploads from these devices, furthermore, risky applications which might lead to a data leak could be easily blocked
- GajShield also helps enterprises to set up policies to limit access to the internet (based on time) from these devices and also control and limit the bandwidth used by these devices. All the BYOD devices can be redirected to non-critical internet links so that the business applications are not affected.
- By incorporating these security features, enterprises can avail the advantages of lesser investments in hardware as employees would bring in their own devices and GajShield’s BYOD would ensure security as well. For employees, it is a win-win situation as well as it provides them with flexibility and technology familiarity as employees tend to be familiar with their own devices.
- Block access to critical servers in DMZ to BYOD devices
- Setup Data Leak Prevention policies which monitor and block all upload from these BYOD devices
- Block risky applications which can lead to data leak from BYOD devices
- Setup policies to limit access to internet from these devices
- Control and limit the bandwidth used by these devices
- Limit access to internet based on time. (Education institutes do not want students to have access to internet during class hours)
- Redirect the BYOD devices to non-critical internet link so business applications are not affected
Check Gajshield The Next Generation Firewall!
Dragon Naturally Speaking
Dragon Naturally Speaking
Read More …
Application Filtering BYOD Support Cloud Security Complete Visibility Data Leak Prevention High Availability Multi Wan Management - ISP Load Balancing Next Generation Firewall - Beyond UTM Next Generation Pro-active Security Secure Connectivity (VPN) Secure Guest Internet Management System Two Factor Authentication to Manage Firewalls URL filtering Zero hour Malware Protection - AntiVirus/AntiSpam